Science 1.7 Investigate the implications of the properties of metals for their use in society
- Make sure you use the correct words for the physical properties of metals and the correct symbols for the metals
- Practise writing the formulae for metal compounds using the ion chart provided
- Learn the products for the reactions of metals that are required
- Practise writing word and balanced symbol equations for these reactions
- Always relate the vigour of chemical reactions, the uses of metals and the extraction of metals from their ores to the activity series provided
- Your teacher may provide a chart for recording your observations. If one is provided you should use it. Otherwise design a chart which records which metals you are using and which properties you have been asked to compare.
Back to top